We constantly have a varied selection of properties to rent in the South Manchester area. These range from studio flats from £300 per calendar month to executive apartments and detached properties in excess of £3,000 per calendar month. To search for the particular type of property you require have a look at our property search tool.
Step 1: Finding a property
Step 2: Once you like a property
We will need to let us know the following:
- a proposed move in date
- if there are any requests about the property, they will need to be agreed at this stage (like moving of furniture or decorating)
- if any animals are involved, they should be declared
- if you have know any bad credit score or any bad debt (CCJ) you need to declare it
It is important to let us know at this stage all the above as allowing them is at the landlord discretion.
Step 3: Reserve a property
To reserve a property you will need to bring along a number of documents and make payments as detailed below.
The documents are:
- Passport / Visa if applicable
Before a tenancy is granted, you will have to demonstrate your eligibility under the Right to Rent Act 2014 to establish your immigration status and whether you are legally entitled to rent a property within the United Kingdom. At Lewis Phipps Property Management we do not charge any additional fees for doing these checks.
- Proof of address
We accept utility bills (gas/electric) and credit card statement or bank statement as valid documents
- Consent form
Every tenant will need to sign the consent form
The consent form authorises us to submit your details to an independent reference company to collect references on our behalf. We use UK Tenant Data and once they receive your details they will then email you an online application form.
After you have filled in the online application form, UK Tenant Data will then contact your employer or accountant and your current landlord or mortgage company for a reference. UK Tenant Data will also do a full credit check.
Step 4: Holding deposit & Agency fee
The payments are:
- A holding deposit of one weeks rent to secure a property.
- Should a tenancy not proceed due to the tenant not declaring CCJ’S or failing the right to rent check the holding deposit will not be refunded.
- Agency fee for the collection of references and general correspondence is applicable for company tenancies £360.00 (£300.00 plus VAT)
Step 5: Book to move in
When all reference have been received we will telephone you to arrange a day and time to move in. For the appointment to move in all tenants will need to attend the office at the confirmed time to
- pay the first month rent and the balance of the deposit in cleared funds (cash, debit or credit card)
- sign all the documentation
- Tenancy agreement
- inventory (which you will then have 7 days to check and amend at your leisure)
- Standing order for future rent payments
- To collect keys
Step 6: Deposit
A deposit of five weeks rent will be held via Lewis Phipps Property Management Ltd (or the Landlord) under a Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme for the duration of the tenancy and is refundable at the end of the term, minus any agreeable deductions for rental arrears or damages to the property or contents subsequent to the final checking of the inventory.
Step 7: Tenants responsibilities after move in
Tenants will be responsible for the cost of all services throughout the tenancy e.g. Council Tax, Water Rates, Gas, Electricity, Telephone and TV Licence.
Tenants will be responsible for insuring any personal possessions they decide to bring into the property. They also have the option to take out accidental damage cover to the landlords contents.
We act as agents for RentGuardian and Thompson Brothers Insurance who can provide comprehensive insurance for tenants.
Step 8: List of fees once you are living in the property
In the event of exceptional circumstances and the Tenant moves out before the end of the term they will be responsible for the rent until a new tenancy comes into force and a letting fee of £594.00 (includes VAT).
Lewis Phipps Property Management Ltd is a member of the Property Ombudsman.